Full recipe might be discovered on my Instagram dliciouslyinspired 🤍 #mealprep #mealprepidea #healthymom #busymoms #healthybreakfast #kidrecipes
Frankly, the one factor that retains us from consuming pancakes each morning is the prep and cleanup. Mixing up batter is not an enormous ache, however on a three-cups-of-coffee-before-7-a.m. form of morning, it will possibly really feel completely insurmountable. Add in having to clean a bowl, a ladle, a spatula, and a pan all caked in batter — to not point out the syrupy, buttery plates and any instruments you wanted to wrangle toppings (chocolate-chip pancakes, anybody?) — and it is extra comprehensible why we’re not having pancakes for breakfast on daily basis. However that may change now that we have discovered about frozen pancakes.
Texas-based meals blogger Deimante Dabravolskis posted a video to TikTok and Instagram explaining a hack for freezer pancakes, and fairly frankly, it is genius. She does not declare to have invented the concept, however her video already has over a million likes, and it is simple to see why it is caught on — it takes the stress out of pancake breakfasts. The concept: you make the batter, pour it into ice-cube trays, and freeze it. That is proper: freeze the batter, not the cooked pancakes. Then, when a pancake craving hits, you merely take out the frozen batter, pop it on the frying pan, and let the magic occur. Your pancakes keep fresh-tasting, and you may prepare dinner up as many or as few as the center needs.
This recipe makes use of gluten-free flour, which you’ll substitute with all-purpose flour if that is all you might have readily available (some flours cannot be substituted one-to-one, so test your model’s packaging or search on-line to search out the correct substitution conversion), or you should utilize the batter recipe of your selection. This creator provides fruit and chocolate to the batter earlier than freezing to remove the necessity to prep toppings forward of time, too.
In brief, this frozen-pancake hack is the proper strategy to put together a fuss-free breakfast any day of the yr. Learn easy methods to make the freezer pancakes under, then have enjoyable experimenting with your individual toppings.
Since there’s uncooked egg in most pancake batters, Does It Go Bad? suggests storing it for now not than two months within the freezer.
- 4 eggs
1/2 cup milk of selection
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1.5 cups of gluten-free flour
Toppings similar to berries or chocolate chips
- Add eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla to a bowl and whisk.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour to the bowl. Whisk to include. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter right into a regular-size ice-cube tray. Add toppings of your selection and freeze.
- When prepared to make use of, warmth some oil in a frying pan on low warmth and add the frozen batter cubes. These will take a couple of minutes to totally soften. To assist it soften faster, gently press down on every pancake or use a canopy.
- Flip every pancake and prepare dinner till no extra batter is oozing out.
- Get pleasure from with added sides or toppings of your selecting.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- Makes 16