She is humorous, feisty and fiery, and there isn’t a single soul on the Web who hasn’t come throughout Niharika NM’s reels. The Los Angeles-based Indian content material creator uploaded her first YouTube video throughout her faculty days and in the previous few days since her arrival in India she has made Insta reels with the most important stars within the Indian movie business.
1. You might have two million followers on Instagram! Trying again, how has your journey as a digital creator been?
Truthfully, I’m nonetheless in awe of all the pieces that my life has reworked into within the final 12 months. From nearly quitting social media to what my life is now, I’m past grateful. It nearly makes me emotional when I attempt to course of the sort of love I get for doing what I like. This journey, like some other, has had its ups and downs however I feel I’m lastly at a spot in my life the place I’m excited concerning the journey forward. I’ve strapped myself into the seat and I’m tremendous excited to the place life takes me as a result of we’re simply getting began.
2. What would you say has been the most important studying on this journey?
To be current and grateful. I feel most of us are taught to chase after our objectives and transfer on to the following aim as soon as we obtain the primary one. We’re not taught learn how to be current. Not less than I wasn’t. Nonetheless, I’ve been actively engaged on having the ability to be current and stay within the second whereas additionally being extraordinarily grateful that I’m capable of expertise this unbelievable journey that I name my life.
3. You’re persistently churning out hilarious content material. What’s the course of like?
The method very like the within of my mind is an organised mess. I at all times discover it troublesome to elucidate my course of as a result of I don’t actually have a concrete one. I often go about my life and let an concept hit me within the face, and when that occurs I shortly observe it down and let it simmer in my mind till I feel I’m prepared to speak about it. I activate the digicam once I’m prepared and ramble until I make myself giggle.
4. Now that you’ve got graduated, will you totally dive into creating content material?
That’s the plan on the time that I’m penning this however realizing how my mind wants fixed stimulation, I wouldn’t be too stunned if I resolve to department out and do different issues alongside content material creation.
5. There’s a South Indian flavour in your content material. Being again in Bengaluru now, has it given you some good materials to work with?
This place and the individuals right here have at all times been residence and at all times impressed me and can proceed to take action for so long as I make it.
6. Is there any favorite meals or a particular place that you’ve got in thoughts whereas in Bengaluru?
Oh My God, sure. The primary meal that I had once I got here again to India was Meghana’s Particular Rooster Biryani. It’s been one in all my favorite meals ever since I used to be in faculty and I devoured that biryani.
7. Did you may have any fan moments the place somebody stopped you on the road to take a selfie in Bengaluru?
Truthfully, I can’t consider I’m saying this however for the reason that time I’ve been again I’ve simply given numerous selfies to all of the cuties that bathe me with love once they stumble upon me anyplace and in all places and I can’t even start to inform how a lot pleasure and gratitude I’m stuffed with.
8. Are you planning on transferring in the direction of fictional content material any time quickly?
Oh undoubtedly. I’m consciously engaged on creating extra fictional content material as a result of weirdly sufficient it makes me very excited to put in writing these varieties of items and likewise helps me push my artistic boundaries, which I completely love.
9. How does a day in a content material creator’s life appear to be?
I don’t know what each content material creator’s life seems to be like however mine is often stuffed with scripting, enhancing, capturing, scheduling, interviews, being caught in site visitors, coordinating with my staff, having an existential disaster, and getting yelled at by my supervisor for lacking deadlines. Mainly, very thrilling.
10. What’s subsequent in your record? What ought to we be trying ahead to from you?
I’m at the moment engaged on writing thrilling new issues to interrupt out of the brief format content material that I’m now identified for. If issues go in keeping with plan and the universe aligns with me, it’s best to see some very thrilling tasks within the subsequent few months together with superb collaborations with individuals you wouldn’t count on within the very close to future
11. Creators usually must work and attempt in the direction of branding and monetisation of their content material. What are the elements you think about for collaborative work?
I’m very explicit concerning the manufacturers that I work with. I must really feel personally invested within the model that I’m collaborating with as a result of it could really feel very inauthentic to me in any other case. Particularly, if it’s a product that I’m endorsing, I take my time to do my very own analysis on it so I do know precisely what I’m working with. I must ensure that the model that I’m working for is as much as the requirements that it claims to be.
12. What’s the one factor that irks you essentially the most about this business?
I suppose the one factor that I personally can’t stand is how two confronted or synthetic individuals can typically be. It’s simply very scary to see. However then once more it’s not simply this business that has individuals like this.
Creator tweets @AngelaPaljor