Samsung has been sustaining a very robust Galaxy A collection of gadgets for a while now. It has been iterating and enhancing its worth proposition on these telephones, and the brand new 2022 refresh isn’t any totally different. You possibly can learn all in regards to the new Galaxy A73 5G, A53 5G and A33 5G here to see precisely what we imply.
The brand new Galaxy A53 5G is now right here for overview. For the reason that 5X collection has arguably been one of many better-geared gadgets within the collection, it’s also the hardest one to improve. Compared, this 12 months’s Galaxy A33 5G is a a lot decrease hanging fruit seeing how its predecessor got here with an LCD.
Adjustments going from the A52s 5G to the A53 5G are much more delicate. Merely put, not a lot has modified, actually not sufficient to entice present house owners of a current Galaxy A5X collection cellphone, however there are nonetheless some noteworthy adjustments right here and there.
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G specs at a look:
- Physique: 159.6×74.8×8.1mm, 189g; plastic physique, glass entrance; IP67 mud/water-proof (as much as 1m for 30 minutes).
- Show: 6.50″ Tremendous AMOLED, 120Hz, 800 nits (HBM), 1080x2400px decision, 20:9 facet ratio, 405ppi.
- Chipset: Exynos 1280 (5 nm): Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (makes use of shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software program: Android 12, One UI 4.1.
- Rear digital camera: Large (principal): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.7X”, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Extremely extensive angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123-degree, 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 5 MP, f/2.4.
- Entrance digital camera: 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (extensive), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm.
- Video seize: Rear digital camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS; Entrance digital camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Quick charging 25W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical); Digital proximity sensing.
First up – the straight-up optimistic change – the A53 5G has a bigger 5,000mAh battery than its predecessor. There’s additionally a model new chipset made by Samsung – the Exynos 1280. A contemporary 5nm half, nonetheless not formally current or detailed on Samsung’s semiconductor web site, however very a lot already within the wild and searching intriguing with a 2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 CPU configuration, a Mali-G68 GPU and arguably much more versatile 5G setup than the Snapdragon 778G 5G contained in the A52s 5G.
On the flip facet, there are some notable downgrades within the A53 5G as effectively. For one, it lacks the three.5mm audio jack of its predecessor. It is usually lacking Wi-Fi 6 help. Although, it does supply barely newer Bluetooth 5.1.
Aside from this, the A53 5G is just about similar each by way of specs and design to its predecessor. Despite the fact that, technically, it has shrunk down some in bodily dimension, all of the whereas retaining its show diagonal and weight unchanged. So, you might be basically getting smaller show bezels and a bigger battery for “free”. Not counting the three.5mm jack, that’s.
To sum up, the brand new Galaxy A53 5G appears to be a barely “tweaked” variant of what Samsung already is aware of works and sells effectively. The marginally greater battery is at all times good to see, however what’s going to both make or break the A53 5G is certainly the brand new Exynos 1280 chipset. To be completely frank, it simply must be nearly as good and never even higher than the Snapdragon 778G 5G it’s changing. That might imply one other wave of completely satisfied clients since each different function of the A53 5G has been carried over from the earlier mannequin, and it is nonetheless a unbelievable bundle.
Let’s kick issues off with a fast unboxing. The unboxing itself cannot take a lot time because the accent bundle in lots of telephones has been getting lighter and lighter.
The A53 5G has a white USB Kind-C to Kind-C cable in its field, a SIM ejector device and a few leaflets. That is it. There is no such thing as a display protector, pre-applied or in any other case, no case and no energy adaptor. The A52 5G in addition to the A52s 5G at the least had a 15W Samsung Adaptive Quick Cost unit of their packing containers, and the latter even shipped with a 25W charger in some markets.
Whereas a bit smug on the floor, the idea that the majority customers may have a charger already can be admittedly fairly truthful. Then once more, assuming customers may have an honest Energy Supply charger is a bit a lot. Plus, Samsung is technically utilizing a little bit of fancy PPS in its chargers in the meanwhile, so in the end, that and the included Kind-C to Kind-C cable are a not-so-subtle “nudge” to exit and purchase the Samsung 25W TA-800 PD charger, which is an efficient $25 (MSRP) further.